Frequently Asked Questions
What is a virtual walk / bike / run?
Like many other things during this pandemic, we’ve had to go virtual. How does this work? On our event date…
1. Join us for our opening ceremonies on Zoom at 10:30 am.
2. Simply choose your own activity (walk, run or bike), and set your own path (can be as short or long as you want).
Since it's virtual, how do I feel more connected?
If you’re on social media, post a video or picture of yourself on your walk / run / bike with #walkforrestore in the captions. You can follow the hashtag, and see what others have posted. It’ll help us feel like we’re doing this together!
I want to start a team, how do I get team members to join?
- CanadaHelps will send you a Welcome email with links. You can share a direct link to signing up.
- Direct your potential team member to the respective walk page (Markham, or Stouffville), and find the button “Join a Team”. Make sure they know your team name! From there, they’ll be able to select your team and fill out the information to join your team.
I am having trouble signing up a team member. Help!
Each team member will create an account on CanadaHelps. Check the top right hand corner –are you still signed in? If so, you will not be able to create new account on behalf of your team member. Please log out and then try again.
If you are still having difficulties, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help you out.
I am participating! Do I get a t-shirt?
Yes! But only while supplies last. We may do an additional order, but this might mean you receive your t-shirt AFTER the event because t-shirt orders take approximately 2 weeks to turnaround from the printing company.
When do my supporters have to send the funds by?
Our event is on May 15, 2021. Please ask supporters with outstanding amounts to donate by May 22, 2021.
I want to donate. Do I receive a tax receipt?
Yes, because Restore Canada is a registered charity, you will receive a tax receipt for your donation.
- If you donate through CanadaHelps (credit card), you will receive your tax receipt right away (be sure to check your email inbox!).
- If you donate by cheque, you will receive a tax receipt at the beginning of next year, during tax preparation season.
This fundraiser is in support of Restore Canada
At Restore Method of Care Canada, we believe that no one person is more important than another, and that our primary vocation is to look after each other. At Restore Canada, we focus on guiding people by developing plans from a place of distress to a sustainable and healthy life. We work through local churches, volunteer Care Planners, and donors in York Region to serve those in need and distress in order to build a bridge to a restored life. Established 2016.